Are they crazy?
See what happens when two 50-somethings quit their jobs, sell their house, dump their possessions and hit the road to see America in a fancy camper van.
- The bachelors: Roosevelt Elk at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park
- Obamacare wobbles but works for us and millions – Tax credits under Republican plan won’t cover high cost of insurance
- Toasting success: A 10-mile hike, one of my longest
- Drifting off in the drippy rainforest
- Our latest home sweet home
How to be a nomad
Check out our route map here.
The Epic Van
The Epic Van in which we live and cruise America is a 2015 Roadtrek RS Adventurous. It's 21 feet, 9 inches of amazing. It contains a king-size bed, kitchen and bathroom with shower. It has a solar panel on the roof that helps charge the two house batteries, a generator underneath, and an electric awning on the side. You can learn more about Roadtreks at www.roadtrek.com.